Space Heater Likely Cause of Bloomsdale Fire
A space heater in a house without a working heat system is likely to blame for a early Tuesday morning blaze in Bristol Township.
An early morning fire that struck a home in the 2300 block of Bloomsdale was likely caused by a space heater, fire investigators said.
Firefighters were dispatched to Bloomsdale after a passing motorist reported the home was ablaze, Fire Marshal Kevin Dippolito told Patch. Crews arrived to find flames coming from the bedroom, according to reports.
The home was unoccupied at the time of the blaze, Dippolito said. He added that the home did not have working heat and the residents were staying with friends or family before the fire struck.
According to Edgely Fire Company Deputy Chief Brian Cirard, the fire was contained to the bedroom and was placed under control in about 15 minutes. Dippolito said smoke and heat damage was throughout the house.
Edgely Fire Co. was assisted by Levittown Fire #2, Third District, Newportville and Croydon fire companies. Levittown-Fairless Hills Rescue Squad was also dispatched to the scene.