- The 2013 inductees for the Bristol Township School District's Sports Hall of Fame will be introduced at Friday night's homecoming game at Truman High School. The formal induction ceremony will be held at Georgine's Restaurant at 6 p.m. on Nov. 2.
- Pennsbury Manor is celebrating Halloween on Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m. Guests are invited to dress up in costumes and enjoy trick-or-treating, games and activities, including a fake witch trial in the Living History Theater. Admission is $9 for adults, $5 for children.
- Bristol Fire Company Station 51 will offer up a day of fire safety pointers and family fun on Sunday, October 27 in the Wal-Mart parking lot at Route 13 & 413 in Bristol. The free event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Station 51’s fire prevention team will be on-site to demonstrate ways to prevent house fires and ways to stay safe if a fire were to occur. There will be kid-friendly activities including a moon bounce, a DJ playing the today’s latest hits, and free snacks.
- LevittownNow.com has the details on the plans for a new McDonald's that will be constructed on the corner of Bath Road and Veterans Highway. The Bristol Township planning commission approved the project last week.
- Temperatures will stay in the mid- to high 50s for the weekend, with the skies clear and mostly sunny, according to the National Weather Service.