- Students from Bristol Borough and Harry S. Truman high schools who took part in Bucks County Community College’s Green Club visited Snyder-Girotti Elementary School in Bristol Borough recently to dedicate the aquaponics project constructed over the summer. Aquaponics is a method of food production that uses fish and plants in a symbiotic, self-sustaining system. The Green Club, administered by the college’s Center for Workforce Development and funded by a $15,000 grant from PECO, meets at BCCC’s Lower Bucks Campus throughout the year to learn about green jobs, meet local green energy employers, explore environmental science, and create projects that benefit the Bristol community.
- The Falls Township Board of Supervisors wants to recognize and award those residents who help brighten the holiday season with their house decorating skills. Residents have until Dec. 16 to nominate either their own houses or a neighbor's in the township's Annual Falls Township Holiday Spirit House Decorating Contest. Houses will be judged on their creativity and artistic merit. The five best houses will be posted on the Township Cable Channel during Christmas week and homeowners will be recognized at a Township meeting in January.
- The Bucks County District Attorney is holding a press conference at 2 p.m. Thursday to present the findings from an investigation into the tasering of a 14-year-old boy who was handcuffed by Tullytown Police and accused of shoplifting from Walmart on Route 13.
- The Pennsbury School Board meets Thursday at 8 p.m. at the multi-purpose room at Fallsington Elementary. The agenda includes a presentation of the developing 2014-2015 school calendar.
- Mostly sunny today, with a high near 27, according to the National Weather Service.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something