Wade's Comic Madness in Levittown is holding a special fundraiser this weekend for a longtime customer whose six-month-old daughter, Willa, is battling leukemia.
“To assist with their mounting hospital bills, on May 3 we will be running silent auctions, a bake sale, raffling prize baskets and selling "Team Willa" wristbands all day, with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the family,” said shop owner Wade Shaw.
The fundraiser is being held in conjunction with Free Comic Book Day, which is Saturday. Wade's Comic Madness is located at 8750 New Falls Rd, Levittown.
Shaw said they are still in need of donations from businesses for the auction, bake sale and raffle baskets. “Even an item that gets a couple dollars means a couple more dollars that will be donated to the family,” he said.
Here’s a look at the schedule for the day:
your best costume together for our "COSPLAY FOR CHARITY" Contest.
Entry fee is $5, all of which gets donated to the Team Willa Fundraiser; there will be tons of prizes, and the 1st Place winner will receive a $300 Gift Card to Wade's. There will also be a Kids Costume Contest (no entry fee) during our Family Hours from 2pm-4pm
- Come in from 2 to 4 p.m. to meet Captain America and Spider-Man in person.
- Free comics for everyone who comes, including Archie! Simpsons, Guardians Of The Galaxy, Spongebob, Transformers Vs. GI Joe, Power Rangers and more.
- Free balloon creations from Black Cat Balloon Company from 3 to 4pm.
- Nicole Glade and Steve Schaffer from Zenescope Entertainment will be on hand to sign their comics for you from 1 to 3 pm.
- Artist Bryan G. Brown will be in from 3pm to 6pm doing commissions to raise funds for the charity.
- 50/50 Drawing: Whatever is in the pot at the end of the night will get split in half: 50% for the lucky winner and 50% for Team Willa.