Looking for a new ride?
District Attorney Dave Heckler's office is holding a public sale of 40 vehicles seized as part of a Pennsylvania Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act.
The sale started Friday afternoon and will be held again Saturday between 9 a.m. and noon. The sale is located in the fenced warehouse property behind the Bucks County Free Library off New Falls Road in Bristol Township.
The cars, trucks and SUVs are sold in "as is" condition, officials said.
On Friday afternoon, dozens of people roamed around the lot and looked at the vehicles for sale.
Money from the sale of the vehicles will go toward fighting crime.
Here is a set of rules distributed by Heckler's office:
The BUCKS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE will hold a PUBLIC SALE of forfeited merchandise obtained under the Pennsylvania Controlled Substance, Drug, Device, and Cosmetic Act, Section 28, Act 64 of June 14, 1972 (as amended).
This sale will be conducted as follows:
A SEALED BID offer with a minimum bid requirement as established on all merchandise.
CONDITIONS OF THE SALE:
- All merchandise to be sold “AS IS” with no warranties expressed or implied
- The successful bidder is responsible for:
- Any registration and notary fees (if applicable)
- Pennsylvania Sales Tax (if applicable)
- The District Attorney’s Office reserves the right to remove any merchandise from the sale when the minimum bid requirements have not been met.
- All Merchandise will be offered individually and identified by sale number.
- Each bidder will complete a BID FORM for each item. Bid forms will only be available at site of the sale during the sale.
- Any bid under $499.99 requires no deposit.
- Each bid at or over $500.00 must be signed and sealed and placed into a bid envelope together with a PERSONAL CHECK, or a CERTIFIED CHECK, CASHIER’S CHECK, BANK TREASURER’S CHECK, or MONEY ORDER drawn upon a Pennsylvania bank equal to a minimum of ten percent (10%) of your bid at or over $500.00 made payable to the BUCKS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE NARCOTICS FORFEITURE ACCOUNT (B.C.D.A.N.F.A.) which will be considered a deposit in good faith against the bid. Checks, etc. must be attached to the form provided and sealed in the envelope.
- Cash deposits equal to ten percent (10%) of your bid at or over $500.00 will be accepted, however, a signed numbered cash receipt issued by the District Attorney’s Office, available only at the sale site, will be placed into the bid envelope as above. NO CASH MAY BE DEPOSITED INTO THE ENVELOPE
- NO out-of-state checks without a current bank letter of credit will be accepted.
- Each bid must be in an amount equal to or greater than the minimum bid amount assigned to the merchandise.
- The sealed envelope shall indicate the identifying number of the merchandise.
(a) Full name and address of bidder
(b) Home, work, or business telephone numbers
(c) The bid offer must be in an amount equal to or greater than the minimum bid designated for the merchandise. The sealed envelope shall indicate the sale number of the merchandise.
DELIVERY OF SEALED BID:
- Sealed bids will only be accepted at the site of the sale during the sale hours.
- Each bid will be time-stamped.
INSPECTION OF ITEMS – ACCEPTANCE OF SEALED BIDS:
Merchandise will be available for inspection and bidding on Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and on Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon at the Thiokol property, 7321 New Falls Road, Bristol Township, Levittown, PA.
OPENING OF SEALED BIDS:
- All bids received will be opened by a designated representative of the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday at the Thiokol property, New Falls Road, Levittown, PA.
- Only bids meeting requirements will be considered.
- Bids not meeting requirements will not be considered.
- Highest bidder will be awarded the merchandise.
- Successful bid will be publicly announced.
- In the event of duplicate bids in the exact amount for the same merchandise, the successful bidder will be determined by the earliest time-stamped bid.
CONDITIONS OF PAYMENTS:
- Successful bidder will have three (3) working days to pay the remaining ninety percent (90%) of the bid, if deposit is in cash, money order, or certified check. If deposit is a personal check, full payment must be made by cash, money order, or a certified check.
- If bidder does not meet the three (3) working day requirement, the deposit shall be forfeited, the bid will be null and void, and the second highest bid that meets bidding requirements will be awarded the bid.
- If a person is the high bidder of an item over $500.00 and he/she declines to take the item, his/her deposit will be forfeited.
- Final payment shall be in CASH, CERTIFIED CHECK, or MONEY ORDER to the designated representative of the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office. If a personal check is used for the 10% deposit, that check will be marked “VOID” and returned to the bidder upon full payment as above for the item.
- The merchandise will be delivered to the successful bidder at the site of the sale on Saturday, or between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday that week.
- It is the sole responsibility of the successful bidder to remove their merchandise from the Thiokol property within 72 hours from the date of payment.
- All motor vehicles shall be delivered upon completion of transfer of title.
- All 10% deposits for unsuccessful bids will be returned to the bidder as identified in bid documents within fifteen (15) working days. All personal checks used will be marked “VOID” and returned to the address on the bid form.
- Returned deposits will be paid by check, no cash payment. No unsuccessful cash deposits can be used as final payments for an item.
The District Attorney reserves the right to add additional items for sale up to and including the morning of the sale date. Additions to original list and descriptions of property to be sold will be available as items offered.
THIS PUBLIC SALE IS NOT OPEN TO MEMBERS OF THE STAFF OF THE BUCKS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE OR THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILY.