Several local police departments are participating in the Drug Enforcement Administration's upcoming Drug Take Back Day this Saturday.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents can drop off unwanted prescription medications for safe disposal at various locations.Participating departments include:
- Doylestown Township Police Department, drop off site is Redner's Market, 1661 Easton Rd
- Newtown Township Police Department, 100 Municipal Way, Newtown
- Upper Makefield Township; drop off site is the police station, 1076 Eagle Road.
- Buckingham Township Police Department, 4613 Hughesian Dr, Buckingham
- Plumstead Township Police Department, drop off site is K-Mart, 4377 Swamp Rd, Doylestown
- Northampton Township; drop off site is Richboro Shop N Bag on Second Street Pike
- Warminster Township Police Department, drop off at the department or at Giant, 720 W Street Rd.
- Yardley Borough; drop off at the police station, 56 S. Main St.
- Bensalem Township, drop off at Giant on Street Rd or Acme on Bristol Rd
- Lower Makefield Township; drop off at the police station, 1100 Edgewood Rd.
- Lower Southampton Township Police Department, 1500 Desire Ave, Feasterville
- Middletown Township Police Department, drop off at Giant, 4001 New Falls Rd., Levittown
"The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day aims to provide a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposal, while also educating the general public about the potential for abuse of these medications," the DEA website states.