.

Smoke Causes Evacuation of Neshaminy High School

Smoke from heated hydraulic fluids caused a fire scare Friday at Neshaminy High School.

Neshaminy High School was evacuated Friday morning after smoke from a malfunctioning elevator filled part of the building.

One school employee was treated at the scene for injuries by first responders, but refused to go to the hospital for further medical care, Middletown Fire Marshal James McGuire said.

The fire marshal said the smoke emanated from heated hydraulic fluids that are used to run the elevator system. No fire was present when emergency crews arrived.

School staff and emergency officials were alerted to the issue when the building’s fire detection system was activated by smoke. All students and staff were evacuated from the building in under five minutes, McGuire said.

Crews from Feasterville, Hulmeville, Langhorne, Lower Southampton, Nottingham, Parkland and Trevose fire companies responded to the scene.

McGuire told Patch the elevator remains out of service and repair crews have been called to the school.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »