Bucks County Democrats met this weekend to endorse their slate of candidates in this year's elections.
The Bucks County Democratic Committee held its annual endorsement meeting at Klinger Middle School in Southampton, and 201 members attended.
The members endorsed the following candidates:
- For U.S. Senate – Bob Casey
- For U.S. Congress – Kathy Boockvar
- For PA Attorney General – Patrick Murphy
- For PA Treasurer – Rob McCord
- For PA Auditor General – Eugene DePasquale
In addition, the committee endorsed President Obama’s slate of delegates to the Democratic National Convention:
- John Cordisco – New Hope
- Det Ansinn – Doylestown Borough
- Neil Samuels – Doylestown Township
- Rep. Steve Santarsiero - Yardley
- Rep. Tina Davis - Bristol
- Katelyn Marseglia - Middletown
- Robin Weissmann – Upper Makefield
- Ann Marie Jordan – Plumstead
- Dorothy Miller – Hatfield
- Randall Flager of New Hope was endorsed as the Alternate Delegate.
Bucks County Democratic Committee Chairman John F. Cordsico said the local politicos are ready to defend President Barack Obama's "exceptional record of accomplishment."
"The nation will face a very stark choice this November," Cordisco said in a statement. "Our Democratic vision and policies have reversed the damage created under the last Republican administration and brought us out of the depths of the great recession, created millions of private sector jobs, expanded access to health insurance, and increased civil rights.
"Republicans are going to have a very difficult time convincing voters that returning to their trickle down, tax breaks for the wealthy approach can do anything but return us to the economic morass they created when they were last in charge," Cordisco continued, adding, "I like our slate, I like our odds."