Last Update: Tuesday, 12:01 a.m.
- Officials from the Bristol Borough School District announced school will be canceled on Monday. The district is planning to release information on Tuesday at a later time.
- "After consulting with local and county emergency management agencies and other nearby school districts, Bristol Township School District has decided to close schools on Monday and Tuesday," said district spokeswoman Eileen Kelliher. School offices will remain open on Monday.
- Bucks County Technical High School in Bristol has canceled classes for Monday and Tuesday.
- Schools in the Neshaminy School District will be closed both Monday and Tuesday.
- Pennsbury schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday. The district announced that all after school and evening activities will also be canceled. "The decision is made by the District Superintendent after he consults with neighboring district superintendents, local law enforcement, as well as our Directors of Facilities and Transportation," said district Coordinator of Communications Ann Langtry.
- Archdiocese of Philadelphia schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
Government offices and services
- All Bucks County offices and district courts, are closed for Monday. "All non essential operations will be shut down; all essential (24/7 operations) personnel are required to report for their regular shift," officials said in statement. The offices will also be closed on Tueday
- Falls Township parks will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- All state Wine & Spirit Stores are closed for Monday. A decision on Tuesday is expected to be made later in the day.
Colleges and universities
- Bucks County Community College announced late Sunday that all the school's campuses, including Bristol, will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Cairn University, formerly Philadelphia Biblical University, in Langhorne Manor Borough will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- Delaware Valley College in Doylestown has announced the school will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
"The Elementary Enrollment and Space Utilization Committee meeting, originally scheduled for Tuesday, October 30th, has been rescheduled for Wednesday, November 7th at 7:30 p.m. in the Staff Development Room at Pennsbury High School West," according to the Pennsbury School District.\
The Zumba Class set for Monday night at the Boilermaker Local, 13 New Falls Road is canceled due to the storm. The next class will be held Wednesday at James Buchanan Elementary School on Haines Road from 7 p.m to 8 p.m.
- The Oxford Valley Mall will be closed on Monday. The mall is hoping to open at 1 p.m. on Tuesday.
- All RushBus service has been suspended for Monday.
- SEPTA service will ceased starting at 12:30 a.m. on Monday. Service on the Trenton line is also canceled for Tuesday.
- Northeast Corridor service for Amtrak has been canceled for Monday and Tuesday.
- Nova's Bucks County offices will be closed. However, the 24-hour phone center will remain open. The call center can be reached at 1-800-675-6900.
- All Falls Township parks are closed Monday and Tuesday.
- The Target in Fairless Hills is set to close at 5 p.m. on Monday.
If you're shutting down your business or postponing an event due to Hurricane Sandy, post a note including the closing and expected re-opening times or rain date, and we'll let your customers and participants know. You can send an email as well. email@example.com
10 Ways To Use Patch During the Storm