I can probably put a pretty penny on it that your vehicle is NOT ready for the winter, in two ways!! When I say WINTER ready, I mean are your tires properly inflated to the right PSI (pounds per square inch)? Including your spare? Is your battery good or is it time for a new one? Are the battery terminals clean and making a solid connection? How old is your anti-freeze? Is it low? These are the maintenance questions you should ask yourself before winter gets a hold on you! But here are another set of questions. Are YOU ready for winter? Do you keep a shovel in your vehicle? Maybe a blanket? I bet you are shaking your head NO... Well here are a few items you should keep in your vehicle, winter time or not!
- Gloves: Latex or Vinyl for health reasons and winter gloves to keep warm.
- Blanket & Spare Clothes: Just in case you get stuck somewhere, keep warm.
- Sand/Kitty Litter: Used to dry vehicle fluids and used for traction in snow/ice.
- Shovel: To move snow, kitty litter or sand when needed.
- First Aid Kit & Fire Extinguisher: For safety reasons
- Flashlights & Batteries: Never know when the car battery will die and need light.
- Bottled Water & Small Snacks: To keep hydrated and keep from being hungry.
- Jumpbox/Cables: Just in case you need a jump start.
Things happen in the most inconvienient of times, so always be prepared.
We at Bucks Roadside Assistance offer now our December 2012 Winter Special. We perform all these steps:
- Check battery & charging system
- Clean battery terminals
- Check and fill anti-freeze
- Inflate all tires including spare to proper PSI
- Check and clean windshield wipers & replace if needed
All of this performed at your location and done promptly for $49.99.
We accept cash and ALL major credit cards.
To set up a service call please dial 267-540-3116. Mention this BLOG and receive $5 off your next service call!!